IDF Unions: The International Dairy Federation union. Manufactured to specification BS 4825 Part 4. Similar to an RJT union, with a nut in stainless Tp 304, liner and male part in Tp 316.
IDF unions are considered to be a superior fitting to RJT as it has a smoother, cleaner bore reducing the possibility of bug traps. IDF unions are a hygienic type union and are suitable for use in dairy, beverage and food processing environments. IDF are also suited to use with CIP (Clean In Place) systems.
- The seal is a T section. Normally available in nitrile.
- The hexagon nut is thicker than RJT.
- We stock the full range of 1″ od to 4″ od..
- Compatible with ‘OD Dairy’ tube
IDF unions are made up of the below parts and can supplied either as complete unions or individual components:
- IDF Nut (304 stainless steel)
- IDF Weld Male (316 stainless steel)
- IDF Weld liner (316 stainless steel)
- IDF Joint ring (Nitrile, EPDM, FKM)
IDF Union adapters: We are also able to supply fabricated IDF adaters to connect to different size pipe or union types. Please contact our sales team for more information or a quote.